RFPs and Careers
Director of Financial Audits
The Denver Auditor’s Office, an independent agency of the City and County of Denver, is seeking a Director of Financial Audits for an executive level appointee position that works closely with the elected Denver Auditor and appointed Deputy Auditor. The Director of Financial Audits provides high level oversight of financial aspects of audits of city operations and internal controls, performs sourcing and coordination of engagements performed by third party experts on our behalf, and shares in providing financial and administrative management of the office.
This position requires a CPA and audit management experience with the internal audit function for a large government or other organization, or with large clients of an accounting firm, preferably government. We look for excellent professionalism, communication, organizational, management and interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate will also have auditing certification such as CIA or CGAP, and experience with generally accepted government auditing standards (GAGAS), data science and/or IT, and with sourcing information from Workday or other enterprise financial management software.
- Support the Deputy Auditor in office wide and audit services administration, operations and strategic projects;
- Work with the Auditor, Executive team, and Audit Managers to identify citywide financial risk areas and develop the annual audit plan;
- Ensure the Audit Service Division’s ability to conduct internally performed financial audit objectives through strategic involvement in financially related recruiting, training, and audit tools;
- Be a subject matter expert for interpreting relevant GASBs and financial auditing principles for audit staff;
- Consult with auditors and serve as an early reviewer for audits with financial elements and objectives.
The Denver Auditor’s Office mission is to deliver independent, transparent, and professional oversight in order to safeguard and improve the public’s investment in the City and County of Denver. Our work is performed on behalf of everyone who cares about Denver, including its residents, workers, and decision-makers. Learn more about the Auditor’s role and the responsibilities of the Auditor’s Office at DenverAuditor.org.
Please send your CV to our Human Resources Director, Tammy Phillips.